The KL1508Ai Dual Rail LCD KVM Switch is a control unit that allows secure access up to 8 computers from a single KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) console. It consists of an integrated LCD monitor, keyboard, and touchpad in a 1U rack-mountable retractable sliding housing.
The LCD and keyboard/touchpad modules slide independently of each other. To maximize space in your data center, the keyboard/touchpad module slides back to “ hide away ” when not in use, while the thin profile LCD monitor rotates back – flush against the rack – allowing convenient monitoring of computer activity.
The KL1508Ai features IP-based connectivity that allows local and remote operators to monitor and access the computers on your installation. Because it uses TCP/IP for its communications protocol, the KL1508Ai can be accessed from any computer on the LAN, WAN, or Internet – whether that computer is located down the hall, down the street, or halfway around the world.
Compact, high-density, RJ-45 connectors and Cat 5e/6 cable make for a compact, efficient, wiring configuration, while the use of KVM Adapter Cables to link to the computers, permits any combination of PCs, Macs, Sun computers, and serial devices to coexist on the installation.
For added convenience, ports for an external keyboard, monitor, and mouse are provided on the rear panel – permitting you to manage the switch from a local console. There is also an external USB mouse port on the keyboard module, allowing you to use an external mouse, rather than the touchpad.
Enhanced features include a Panel Array Mode™ that displays the video output of up to 8 computers at the same time, and a Message Board that allows logged in users to conveniently and instantly communicate with one other – no matter where in the world they actually are. The KL1508Ai is an ideal solution for your server room management.
1. The input video resolution of KL1508Ai has been enhanced to Full HD. To distinguish between the non-FHD and FHD versions, please refer to below link: KL1508AiM FHD & Non-FHD Comparison Photo or KL1508AiN FHD & Non-FHD Comparison Photo
2. The KL1508Ai does not support virtual media even when paired with a virtual media-enabled KVM adapter.
3. Optional rack mount kits are available. For more information, refer to Compatible Accessories below or the link: LCD KVM Optional Rack Mount Kit
KL1508AiM: 17″ LCD
KL1508AiN: 19″ LCD
- 1x KL1508Ai Dual Rail LCD KVM Switch
- 1x Power Cord
- 1x Standard Rack Mount Kit
- 1x Firmware Upgrade Cable
- 2x L Brackets
- 1x User Instructions